Sunday, August 26, 2012

Timing is Everything

Today I was at an open house for a preschool friend, Amy, who is moving away (tear.) At one point I looked over at Amy holding a baby girl and made a comment about how cute the baby was. Someone asked me if it was making me want to have another and I said, "No, no, no!" Everyone knows that I want to have more babies, but now is not the time. I made a comment about how strange it is to not be thinking and planning about when I'm going to try to get pregnant again, but it's not even on my mind right now. My friend Maya said, "You just wait, you'll get into your new house and have a little room to spread out. You'll get past the holidays and come January, you'll be twiddling your fingers and that itch will come back." Later this evening we were all in the living room watching our family's (minus Mom's) favorite movie, Cars. I remembered that cute, funny story. I opened my mouth to tell it to Devan and to ask him if he thinks it will be time to start thinking of the next baby this winter. Before any words have left my mouth, Josh sits up, leans over, and vomits big chunks of peanut butter sandwich in my hair. As I'm in the shower a few minutes later, all I can think is, we'll have another baby someday, but not now. So not now.


All joking aside. We are in a good place right now. It's so nice to feel joy and completeness in the family I have right now, at this moment. And yes, my children still never wear clothes.

2 comments:

Heather said...

sure . . .just kidding! I'm so glad you're happy and that good things are happening for your family! I need to come see your house!

Melinda said...

You're hilarious, I was feeling nauseous the other day and all I could think was: OH GOSH I NEVER WANT TO BE PREGNANT AGAIN!!! So I feel ya on the getting puked on and thinking...not yet then. ;) Funny story, you guys are doing great!