Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday

On Mondays we babysit and I have school at night, so Mondays are usually our stay home day for the week. I try to catch up on housework after the weekend and do homework before class and the kids fight all day. The days always start out with such big goals and by the end of the day we've all got cabin fever and we're ready for another week of going to the park every day.
 
Today we...
 
Played with Legos
 
 
Josh discovered his pictures on the blog and was super excited.
 


We all worked together to make a bird's eye model of our house out of Legos.
Hannah worked hard to make furniture for "Ben's room"...
 
Then Ben dumped a bunch of random Legos all over the section that was his bedroom. He said, "My room's always messy!" I thought it was a good demonstration of his ability to understand symbols. Hannah was just mad that he was messing up her work.
 
 
While we were building, someone always wanted to be on my lap, so after lunch we had a long reading time. They all chose books and whosever book I was reading got to sit on my lap. We read about whales and looked on the globe to discover that all the oceans connect.  
Then we babysat 5 friends.
 
Then I went crazy and was SO glad when 5:00 came and I could run away to school. In this heat, getting to go to an air conditioned school and have discussions with adults is my ultimate "me" time!






Posted via Blogaway

No comments: