Monday, January 25, 2010

What?!

Baby Alex may look like baby Hannah, but I'm pretty positive baby Alex would never do something like this:



Permanent marker. This is a repeat offense too. Friday night she got a hold of a sharpie and scribbled all over our couch, her chair, her puzzle and her sheet before anyone noticed. She got in so much trouble. Devan yelled at her when he saw it and then I yelled and her when he told me about it and then we put her to bed crying. Every time she stirred all night long, she'd let out a pathetic little whimper. And the next day she still wasn't quite herself. We broke her little spirit, and I've felt terrible about it for days. So when I saw the newest destruction I was really careful to stay calm and quietly put her in timeout. She didn't start crying until I wouldn't let her drink the bottle of nail polish remover we were using to clean the wall. Poor abused baby.
I don't know where she keeps finding these markers! Right before she did this I'd cleaned up the whole living room. She must have a stash somewhere.




She was good and helped clean though. I guess we'll keep her, but I think the new baby is quickly becoming my favorite. So far she's been nothing but quiet and polite.

And, in case you were wondering about the outcome of Friday, baking soda and toothpaste do a pretty good job of taking marker out of the only piece of furniture you've ever truly loved.

This is our new long-term plan for protecting the rest of our things...


6 comments:

Voewl Movement said...

I felt so sorry for the poor little girl until I remembered that you're the ones who have to deal with the damaged wall, couch, etc.

Thank you for not letting her drink the nail polish remover. I know you thought about it.

Andy and Alianna said...

So are you having another girl?

AlixSteele said...

We're still a few months from knowing that, if we decide to find out. But I've decided, yes.

Andy and Alianna said...

haha! that would be very cool to have another girl...you gotta have a boy sometime though (maybe the next one), so all the crazy girl hormones that will be flying around during middle school will be balanced out with some manly testosterone.

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

Excuse me! IF you decide to find out! You can't do that to me! I'm already having a hard time being patient! Poor baby Hannah! I got worried when I saw your facebook status about buying furniture you love. I'm nervous for my future. By the way, I am still holding out for you to have a boy because that would be thrilling for me! I also think it is incredibly ironic that the verification word is "tureact". Interesting.

Janey said...

Alix -
Were you ever like this as a child???!!! We Nana's can only laugh when it's payback time. Hannah is too cute to be mad at for long!