Monday, May 17, 2010

Hannah is becoming quite the little woman lately.

She's learned how to apply mascara...


And to vacuum...


Devan helped her, I'm sure, but he says she vacuumed almost her whole room by herself.

We haven't had a whole lot of adventures lately. We're hoping to take a couple of trips soon, but work and weather keep getting in the way, so we'll see.

Last weekend we ordered produce from Bountiful Baskets, which is a food buying co-op that services many states. Unfortunately, Washington isn't one of them. You pay $15 for a share of produce and they use the money however they can to get the most bang for your buck. For our $15 contribution, this is what we received (baby not included)...



(Bag of apples, head of lettuce, bunch of spinach, 6 tomatoes, head of green cauliflower, 4 green peppers, 7 corn on the cob, bunch of bananas, oranges, mangos, and a watermellon.) We've been eating like kings.

And another $7 for an Italian vegetable pack


I made the most amazing, completely from scratch eggplant parmesan and tonight I have a spinach lasagna planned with the squash, mushrooms, onions and fresh herbs. Of course I'll still have to use meat or I'll have a revolt on my hands, but I'm just so excited! 

In other exciting news, Devan has been able to get full time work the last 4 weeks, so we're finally doing okay financially. We've been able to pay off the debt we incurred from the 6 months he didn't work much and will hopefully be able to start saving a little because ... we're going to need to pay to deliver a baby in 8 to 12 weeks! I know that this is going to be the hardest part of the pregnancy, but it's going by so quickly and I'm so excited how close we're getting! And other than not sleeping at night I'm feeling incredible.

Hopefully next time I write I'll have stories to tell of an exotic vacation.

3 comments:

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

I remember when you taught me how to apply mascara. I think the results were a bit better then, though. It looks like you got some really yummy stuff in your basket. Feel free to share those recipes on our blog! Ryan and I were just talking about how close your due date is! I know it's gone by fast for me, I'm glad it's going fast for you too!

Renee Beck said...

Thanks for the new pictures!! It sewemed like awhile since you had written anything new.
Love the mascara!!

Renee Beck said...

How does that happen? I look at it and it looks fine, then I publish it as it has this glareing error.....