Monday, September 7, 2009

Camping...Finally!



After a summer of sitting home missing my husband, I was finally rewarded with a camping trip! Of course I managed to forget my camera. But these are the things I would have taken a picture of if I'd had it:

* Hannah covered in dirt wearing her, "That's it! I'm calling 1-800-Auntie" shirt Aunt Renee gave her.

* Hannah covered in green marker after she found her cousins' stash.

* Hannah's hair covered in chalk after she tripped and fell on the stump that Kylee had colored in. It was the funniest thing -- her hair was blue for half a day!

* Our trip to the beautiful Provo River waterfalls.

* The licence plate of the creepy truck that drove past me three times during my jog down the canyon.

It was a great trip. We got there at about 7 on Friday night and got home at around 2 on Monday afternoon. We had a great weekend of not doing much but relaxing outside. It was a perfect end to a fairly stressful few weeks.

Now we're back home and getting ready to get back to real life. Devan has been studying the last few hours and I did the last of the unpacking and made some soup that should make great lunches the rest of the week. I'm finally starting to feel a little settled...tomorrow will be our two week anniversary in this new apartment and I'll try to post pictures when I get home from school...but we'll see.

Added 2 weeks later...

I was able to steal pictures from Jordan and Danielle's camera!

The men throwing rock into the river. Devan always thinks that's so fun ... I don't know why.


My super-clean family on our third night of camping

Hanah loves to be dirty!

1 comment:

Andy and Alianna said...

Hopefully we can all go camping sometime this month! It sounds like you had fun. Thanks for the advice regarding the job. The winter driving worries me because I had to drive to Draper this last winter and it was scary as heck. The city had to lay off a bunch of snow plowers because of funding so I can't count on that to be efficient as I learned this last winter. The bigger problem is the uneasy feeling. It's not a bad feeling per se, but something just doesn't click inside of me, ya know? I'm sure if I take it everything will be okay, so I don't think it's super serious. I feel like it's more of a "if I take this opportunity, I'm going to miss something that I've been waiting for" type of feeling. I do have a few other options, but they aren't full time. It gives us enough to pay the bills though and a little extra...I guess I'll just have to pray about it and see what happens. Thanks for your advice. I love that you're always there saying the right things :)