Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Snow

It's September 30th...you've got to be kidding me.

In happier news, we got a couch!


We got it for a really good price from a lady who bought it for her basement, but it didn't fit down her stairs so she had to sell it. It's funny that she bought it just to be an "extra", basement couch, and for me it's the most beautiful thing I've ever owned. It's sage green microfiber and it's huge! It didn't look so big in her big house, but we got it home and it takes up our whole living room. (But it doesn't even matter because now we have a bedroom to sleep in!) It's long enough that Devan can lie on it without his feet or head touching the arms and its wide enough that if we took off the back cushions, the three of us could lie down side-by-side. And it has an ottoman. My whole life I've dreamed of owning an ottoman. I'm just so happy!

Also, note Hannah's cute pajamas. Our Aunt Renee sent those to her. When I pulled them out of the box I thought there was no way she was going to fit into them, but they fit perfectly. What a grownup girl! And what cute doggy pj's. They're perfect for this cold night.

Last weekend we went to a place called Topaz Mountain. Legend tells that about 20 years ago there was topaz scattered everywhere in the dirt surrounding the mountain. These days, however, you need to bring chisels and hammers and break into the mountain to find topaz. We found nothing.

This is Devan attacking the mountain. It's not a great picture because I was quite a ways away, sitting in the shade of the motor home, "taking care of the children."


Jayden wanted to break into a mountain too...


Hannah had other plans for him.


This is a lizard Devan caught. It's actually harder to do than I would have thought. They were all too quick for me. The capture came with a price... Devan was bit, but he bravely hung on.


This is the place where strange people spend their Saturdays breaking rocks with nothing but an ordinary hammer.


Hannah still manages to make it look good.


And this week's winner for cutest Hannah picture...


There's nothing in the world like Oreos right before bed.

2 comments:

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

Congratulations on the new couch. My dream is to one day own a beautiful couch. I like it!

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

By the way, are those new jammies made by gerber? We have gerber jammies like that with cars on them. Size 12 months.