Thursday, March 24, 2011

Why I'm a slacker these days...

I sat down to get caught up and I couldn't find anything good to post. I could show you the pictures from Valentine's day, but that's kinda pathetic since it was a month and a half ago. And it was nothing special. Heart shaped pancakes, red clothes, and we had 8 kids 5 and under over here decorating cookies. You've seen it all before.

We were cute on St. Patrick's day. Ben wore Hannah's "Baby's First St Patrick's Day" onesie, which I was sure was going to be too big since she was nearly a year old on her 1st St. Patrick's Day. Nope, it was size 3-6 months. What a small thing she was! We all had green hats and I put on make-up long enough to take a picture with the kids, but somehow my pictures dissappeared. Seriously, I took the pictures, looked at them on the camera, put the memory card in the computer and the pictures were gone, never to be seen again. Sad, sad, sad. I had no motivation to do any festive food except make some green jello. Even the idea of throwing together baked potatoes seemed too difficult to me. That might have been more sad than losing the pictures.

So, why you ask, has Lazy Alex been taking over my life? Well, let me tell you. To warn you, this post is going to include a lot of excuses. I hate making excuses for myself, I believe that we make time for what's important to us and if we can't find time to do something, it means that it's just not as important as other things in our life. But in my Lazy Alex mood, here are my excuses:

1.  We've recently inherited a new baby! She's almost 4 months old. We don't get to keep her all the time, but she hangs out with us a lot. We've been babysitting her and her 7 year old brother for about a month now. She gets dropped off at 8:30 in the morning and picked up at 6 and we pick up her brother from the bus after school. We're having fun, but 2 kids under 1 is a lot of work. I feel like my days are being sucked up by so many bottles and so many many diapers. Luckly, Hannah is mostly just in diapers at night, although she still has an accident or two every day.

We don't get out much during the day these days since we don't easily fit 3 car seats into our little 2 door car. Devan has to be at school most nights from 6-10 so he takes the car every night since our extra kids don't get picked up until after 6. I've started to adore Saturdays when I can actually go places in the car, even if it's just for little trips to the grocery store or bank! Luckily it's been nicer outside lately, so I'm hoping for many days spent very productively lounging at the park.

2. We have a baby that we are going to get to keep coming the first week of November! I'm about 8 weeks pregnant. Yay, yay, YAY! I hope I'm not jinxing it announcing it already. We're still about 2 weeks from being able to hear a heartbeat, so I'm holding my breath until then, but for now I feel really good about it. I've been nice and sick and tired, whereas I wasn't much at all with the pregnancy between Hannah and Ben. I've been combating the sick by eating whatever sounds good when it sounds good and fighting the tired by shirking all responsibilities that aren't directly related to keeping these 3 babies happy and fed. As a result, I haven't lost my customary 10 pounds this trimester and I've already had one person tell me they wondered if I'm pregnant because I'm showing a little. But, I think that this is the happiest I've been yet at this stage of pregnancy.

So that's my life. Devan has 3 weeks left of the semester. This summer he'll only be in school 1 night a week! I'm thinking I may see if I can take a class of my own one night a week this summer since he'll be home to watch the kids. We'll see. Between babysitting during the week and nursery on Sunday I'm getting to the point where I feel like I need to get out and learn or do something that's just mine. I can feel my brain turning to mush!

And when I feel like I'm getting too tired or stupid to go on anymore, these little moments make me happy...

















7 comments:

Melinda said...

Congrats on your #3! How exciting!! I love that you're like me, my kids at that age rarely have pants on--in fact, my 11 month old is sitting on my lap right now: pantless. :)

Heather said...

I'm not surprised you're pregnant, since I already knew, but I have to say I'm surprised by this announcement. Interesting. . .

I too am glad that your kids don't always wear pants. Nathan rarely has pants on. It's just not worth it. and yep, he's pantless now too. I'm also glad you're kids eat off the floor. Nice to know I'm not the only one who allows that!

Lauren said...

Yay! We can due date buddies! I'm due the 17th. Do you really think you'll be up to taking my 2 extra kids for an hour when I go to appointments? I had NO idea you had all this going on!

LisaJones said...

Congrats! i'm Excited for you!
I've been thinking about you lately and we need to get together sometime soon before the end of April! I can't believe it's already here.
I'll be in touch!

Heather Thorup said...

Wow congrats on #3 coming! Goodness that was fast:) Will you still be able to babysit the other kids too? You are super woman! I am amazed by you. I couldn't do all of that.

sweets said...

im glad that you enjoy having becka it is a lot of work. enjoy the free time right? cute kids and great post.

Andy and Alianna said...

Wow. Congrats! You are heather will need to betroth your children, though I'm sure you've already discussed it. We are so happy for your growing family! Love th blog updates!