Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Benjamin!

It's been a big week for Ben. He's learned how to officially crawl, his first two teeth (bottom) poked through, and he's learned to pull himself up to standing. He's also getting really good at his "ma-ma-ma" "da-da-da"s and call my crazy, but he's always looking for the correct parent when he says it. He's ready to take on the world. He's such a happy, fun baby. I don't know what I'd do without him! Here are some of my favorite Ben pictures from the month of January...

Last Sunday before church. He played at the mirror for the longest time. He loves himself as much as I love him!





He officially learned how to sit up on February 3rd.


Big sister wanted to make sure we knew that she could sit up too.


He tried lots of new food this month. The one he hated the most at first was the applesauce. Weird kid!









He loves Hannah's princesses as much as she does.



This night we spent about 45 minutes just playing in the hallway. I'm not sure why the hall, but I'm assuming it was because the rest of the house was too dirty. We had fun.




This was before Ben could crawl and it took him about 10 minutes to get all the way down the hallway.




But he made it!


I love this next series of pictures. I don't like how I look in most of them, but Devan just kept snapping pictures as we played and I love that I have such sweet pictures with my babies.









This was one of my favorite moments of the whole month. This was also before he could fully crawl. I took a break from getting ready for church to come sit on the floor with Ben. He scooted over and pulled himself up until he was sitting on my lap. Such a sweet boy!


This is Ben in nursery. Every week we do puzzles while the kids are getting dropped off. He knows the drill.


That baby to the right is 18 months and actually belongs in nursery. I think Ben could almost pass for an official nursery kid.



This is one of his first times with a sippy cup. He's still learning, but he's catching on.



This probably isn't appropriate for the internet, but a few days before Ben started standing up, I left him on the floor while I got his bath ready and came back to this. He was grunting and fussing and trying so hard to get himself up. He didn't make it, but it was cute. Now he can pull himself up so we don't leave him unattended in the bathroom anymore.


Devan went fishing for Benjamin. He lured him all the way up and down the hall by slowly reeling in and letting Ben chase the princess crown.



And here are just a couple more from last Sunday...


He noticed the baby and decided to go for it...



but Hannah quickly put a stop to that.


I tried to get a nice picture in church clothes, but he will not hold still for a second. We'll keep trying.


A few nights ago he entertained himself for the longest time pushing this box around. Devan used it as further evidence that we don't need to buy our children anything, ever.


February was a good month with the Benjamin.


4 comments:

Melinda said...

Oh my goodness for real he is such a doll! I want to eat him up he is so darn cute! Love the pictures!

sweets said...

So cute!

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

Great pictures! He's looking so grown-up. I love that your babies start by crawling on their heads! I can't remember the last time I had candid pictures taken with me and Nathan. So sweet!

Heather Thorup said...

He is growing up so fast, goodness! What a cute and smart boy.