Monday, May 16, 2011

25!

The morning of my twenty-fifth birthday I told Hannah she had to be nice to me because it was my birthday. She thought for a minute and said, "We need to go to the store and get balloons." Devan wasn't home for that conversation, but he must be on our wavelength because he came home after work with a big "Happy Birthday" balloon. Hannah and I were pretty excited. That night, we left the children with our next-door neighbor and went to Red Robin to claim my free birthday burger. Nothing quite tasted the way it should have, due to my morning sickness, but it was great to get out by ourselves. The next day Devan made me cake and we had a birthday party at home. I'm pretty sure I hadn't showered that day and probably felt like throwing up, so brace yourself for the pictures...





After Hannah's birthday she kept asking when she was going to have another birthday. I tried to explain that she had to wait until Mom, then Ben, then Dad had their birthdays. I think she got the idea that she wasn't going to have to wait very long for her next birthday when my birthday came only a week and a half later. Poor kid.


1 comment: