Monday, May 16, 2011

The Van

Our last car was a little two door. I hated getting the kids in and out of it and it wasn't physically possible to fit two toddler car seats and one infant seat in. So...tax return time came around and we were able to get a mini-van. When our red car got totaled we test drove a couple of mini-vans, but I couldn't stand the idea of driving one. I was 23 and only had one kids and I felt way too young to drive a van. Now a short year and a half later, I'm 25, have almost 3 kids and I have no delusions about being young anymore.


I love it so much. It has power windows, doors, air conditioning and cruise control. The Hyundai has none of those things. And I can push a button and the sliding doors open automatically. I feel so fancy. I actually leave the house now because I can fit Hannah, Ben and Rebecca in so easily. I still can't wrap my mind around the idea that I can go wherever I want even if Devan is at work or school. I feel a little spoiled that we have two cars, but I'm so grateful that it worked out that we were able to buy it at this point in our life.

8 comments:

Jen B. said...

Vans are amazing!! I bet more so to you after only a 2 door.. yikes! It looks so pretty :)

Unknown said...

That's so awesome that you have a van now. You work hard and deserve to be able to get out when you need and want to.

Lindsey said...

that last comment was from me, Lindsey Pfeil by the way. Not from my husband. sorry

sweets said...

Welcome to the van mom life i love it. love your van.

Renee Beck said...

Very cool!!

Heather Thorup said...

Looks like it will be much easier! Yay for you!

LisaJones said...

I'm so Jealous! i wanna be just like you when I grow up!

Ri said...

You are so not allowed to feel old at 25. But I'm glad you got a new car anyway. Good luck with two boys, they are fun.