Friday, June 17, 2011

My final thoughts before the kids wake up

1. I hurt. I've been fighting achy flu-like symptoms all week long. Devan was home sick all last week so I may be gotten something from him. Or it may be that I'm just too pregnant, which at 20 weeks is more depressing than I want to think about.

2. Last night I was so tired that I was asleep before the sun went down and up after the sun came up. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? Why am I still dragging this morning?

3. This baby is moving a ton. I never noticed Hannah moving until around 22 weeks. While I was lying in bed this morning I lifted up my shirt and could see him moving all over the place. How could I have missed that the first time I was pregnant? I think I was a very unobservant kid back then.

4. How is it that I can spend 30 minutes wasting time reading blogs mentally yelling at myself to do dishes and the kids sleep peacefully on? However, the second I sit down to write this (something that is questionably "productive") they pop right up?

5. I spend much of my time feeling guilty for being so negative. I try my best to hold it in and save it for when my sweet Devan comes home. I don't know how long he'll be able to stay sweet living with me.

6. Speaking of my sweet Devan, he brought home Krispy Kremes for us from Utah county last night. Plus for Devan! And it was on a night when I'd actually cooked a nice dinner. Pear and Gorgonzola pizza. Plus for Alex! It was also on the first day in months I'd gotten through my day without any refined sugar. Minus for everyone. I ate 5 doughnuts. Today is a new day.

7. I'm currently experimenting with making my own shampoo. I've only used it twice this week, once on Tuesday and once today. So far I've noticed that it makes my hair less dry and frizzy right after I wash it and it kept the oily look away for one day longer than my normal shampoo does. This may be because I'm an awesome shampoo maker, or it may be that anytime you switch brands of shampoo your hair responds. But be aware, this hair care regimen is not for the faint of heart. To avoid a gross build up from washing with pure soap, I have to rinse my hair in vinegar after each washing. Now if that's not dedication, I don't know what is.

I was done and then I had to add one more:

I've mentioned Hannah's diarrhea problems already. Yesterday I had her in diapers and had to change her poopy diaper 8 times. She hates wearing a diaper so I hated to put her in one, but I couldn't have dealt with that many accidents in one day.  I just went in to wake her up and discovered she'd taken off her diaper during the night and then pooped in her bed. Seriously kid? SERIOUSLY?! So, this morning I will be washing my fifth set of sheets in the last 3 days. And then this morning while I was cleaning the kitchen a bird flew by and shot poop at my window. Huge splat right at eye level. And we live on the 3rd floor. It's never coming off. Imagine my frustration: The animal kingdom is now AIMING their poop at me!

2 comments:

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

poop is raining from the ceiling! I'm so sorry you're having to deal with that right now. I tried putting avocado and egg yolk in my hair last week and it was nice. Unless you're dealing with poop. Then you may not want to look at avocado and egg goop.

Heather Thorup said...

I'm so sorry Alex! You seem like such a positive person:) If you ever need anything let me know. You need a break now and then.