Thursday, June 16, 2011

We spent our morning at Wheeler Farm. I'd never been before. I've been wanting to go for a long time, and lots of people have told me about it but they gave vague descriptions and I didn't know what to expect. Now that I've been I can describe it to you. It's like a farm...there are animals and stuff...it's fun...yep, that's the best I've got.

We went because a girl from church told us about an event that was going on. It was put on by the company that does her son's physical therapy. It was so fun. There were bouncy play things...


And Hannah got a much needed opportunity to learn to stand in line.


The babies were a little tired, but they were troopers


And then my camera died. Hannah played on 3 bouncy toys and then went and got a balloon butterfly. The balloons were sensitive and would pop if they touched the grass. Hannah was really good about holding hers up, but after a while I put it in the stroller for her. After that, whenever we'd hear someone's balloon pop, she'd turn around and quickly ask, "Was that my balloon?" Sometimes it was part of her balloon popping and sometimes it wasn't. Either way, I'd hold up what was left of the balloon, smile and say, "Nope!"

After we got her balloon and picked up some snacks we walked over to the farm area for our complimentary wagon ride. We bumped into Heather (who had invited us) and her family as they were waiting. Heather was my angel today holding Rebecca for me on the ride. I was so grateful! Anytime I need to carry both babies and my diaper bag, the funness of the day drops a few degrees.

Rebecca was getting tired and fussy during the ride so we just saw a few things at the farm and then hurried home.  But we made sure we first got a picture of Hannah on the tractor.

Courtesy of the phone on my camera. I got this one picture and then it was out of memory. Not my day for pictures. 


She kept wanting to run over to the tractor while we were in line for the wagon ride so we went over as soon as the wagon ride was over. She waited her turn and then as soon as she got up there I could see under her dress that she was having a poopy diaper issue. (She was a little sick this morning so I put her in a diaper before we left. There was no way I was going to deal with diarrhea in panties at a farm.) I got her down, changed her diaper, we waited in line again and she finally got her turn. I think it was her favorite part of the day. She kept hitting the steering wheel and asking where the "beep beep" was.

Such a fun morning! I wish we'd had time to see more animals, but we'll go back again soon. The best part is once we were home and the kids had all gotten fed they all took naps. I know that I'm going to be kicking myself for letting Hannah nap when she's up at midnight tonight, but I just couldn't resist the temptation to take my own nap. 45 minutes of bliss!

2 comments:

sweets said...

I love that place! very cute pic's

Heather Thorup said...

I'm glad you guys came and had fun! I wish I could have helped you more with the babies.