Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ben's Practice Party for Pirates

While we were in Washington, my mom threw Ben an early first birthday party.


It was pirate themed.









Ben didn't want to be a pirate

Hannah wasn't so sure about it at first either...


But she warmed up to the idea. Then she walked around for a few minutes with her eyes closed. I think she was trying to be a blind pirate?






We were so excited that Heather and her family were able to come!





Ben loved his cake.


He ate one piece of his own...


Then half of mine...


Then licked the plate clean.




Heather gave us really cool bath dyes so we had to try them out the second everyone went home.


This picture makes me laugh too hard. It looks so bad!


It was such a fun day with my almost grown up, almost 1 year old boy!


4 comments:

sweets said...

looks like so much fun!

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

I was trying to figure out what I was doing to your kid in that picture of me by Ben in the high chair, then I remembered that he had me stuck there because he was eating my necklace! We love those bath fizzies too but I hate the yellow and red ones. They look way too much like bodily fluids. I like to do a lot of mix and match.

Heather Thorup said...

What cute pictures! I love the one of Ben as a pirate haha. Soo cute.

Great grandma said...

Happy First Birthday, Benjamin! May you have another yummy for the tummy cake. XXXX OOOO