Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Change of Plans

I'm huge this pregnancy, like HUGE! Every month some new ache or discomfort surfaces and I say to Devan, "I shouldn't feel this pregnant yet!" I didn't know how I was going to get through 4 more months of this. A couple of weeks ago I had a prenatal appointment. I hadn't had an appointment for a couple of months because I forgot my last one and never rescheduled. I went in and they measured my stomach. You're supposed to measure about 1 centimeter for every week pregnant you are. I was at 22 weeks and I measured at 29 cm. A centimeter or two off is no big deal, but 7 centimeters is huge. My midwife recommended an ultrasound to see how big the baby is. Turns out, the baby is measuring at 27 weeks, changing my due date from November 3rd to October 8th.

I've wondered from the beginning if I could possibly be farther along than I think I am. I seemed to get sick way too early and I got a positive pregnancy test when I thought I was only 3 weeks along. But I didn't think it was really possible because I had a very normal period in January. I guess it wasn't really a period and I'd already been pregnant for a month by that point. I think this is going to mess with my head for the rest of my life. If I can't rely on having a period tell me I'm not pregnant, what can I count on?

Moving on from the oversharing... here's my little boy!

Smooshed up face


Cute profile


And like the caption says, his lips and nose. 


We're so excited to get to meet our little guy a whole month earlier than expected!

2 comments:

Jen B. said...

Oh boy.. I'm already paranoid that I'm pregnant every month so hearing you had a normal period and was pregnant is going to mess with me now too!! Haha Adam thanks you.. ;) but yay for a month earlier!!

Andy and Alianna said...

Yay for getting to meet baby boy Steele a whole month earlier!