Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fun Stuff

One night I was home alone with the kids and I was exhausted. It wasn't bedtime yet, but for some reason that I can't remember, I felt like I really deserved a 20 minute nap. I dozed off to for a couple of minutes and when I woke up I discovered they'd gotten into the cupcakes. I'd wondered why they were being so quiet...





It was so worth it to get those 10 minutes of sleep though. I've become a huge believer in power naps the last few months. I've learned that if I can just get myself fall asleep for even 3 or 4 minutes, I can last for hours after that.
Two Saturdays ago we took our kids and Hannah's friend from across the hall to the zoo.





Hannah keeps talking about the "dinosaur rex" at the zoo.






I just realized there aren't very many pictures of the girls. They were all over the place and wouldn't stand still for a moment. I think next trip to the zoo we'll bring leashes. It was a fun day, but it was in the high 90s and I was dying. I'm too pregnant these days!

The next Friday I was still cranky from the heat, so the minute Rebecca got picked up I got everyone in the car and made Devan drive us somewhere cool. We drove up a canyon and ate a picnic dinner.


It was maybe a little more stressful than it was worth. Both the kids pooped 2 times in the 45 minutes we were there and I got 5 mosquito bites despite using large amounts of bug spray. But it was so nice to get out of the heat. And I greatly enjoyed  the 30 minute drive each way. How wrong is it that sometimes I like the children best when they're strapped in their cars eats not making any noise? But getting out of the house dramatically helped my mood.


Sunday was Pioneer Day, which is a state holiday. Everyone with good jobs got Monday off, so I didn't have to babysit and I refused to let Devan go to work. I was, surprisingly enough, too hot, so when Hannah asked to go to the park, I insisted on a park with water.


It may not have been as hot out as I thought because neither of the kids wanted to spend much time in the water. I'd walk Ben in and as soon as he started to get wet he turned right around.


That night I had Devan blow up a ton of water balloons and we went outside to play with our friends. This is how he repaid me for planning a fun evening.  


I was angry in that picture. He hit me HARD in the STOMACH.










Hannah and her best friend!



And that was July.



1 comment:

Renee Beck said...

Hannahs haircut looks really cute! I sure miss you guys!!