Monday, August 8, 2011

Girl's Weekend


Devan and Ben went on our stake father/sons campout last weekend, leaving Hannah and I with 24 hours of girl party! Friday evening, we went with our friends to see Kung Fu Panda 2 at the dollar theater. It was so cute!





After the movie we walked around the mall for a bit and stopped in a fancy little girl dress shop. I got a tiney tiny poofy little dress for the baby shower we were going to the next day.  

Then Dawn introduced us to the Sweet Tooth Fairy. It's the cutest little cupcake and cookie bakery. I got a chocolate peanut butter cupcake blended with vanilla ice cream into a shake. It was amazing. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it for days.





Then we went home and I tried to crash while Hannah watched Dora the Explorer. She'd napped at 5:00 that night so I don't think she fell asleep until around 2 in the morning. I had a really hard time sleeping too. I kept waking up in a panic and wondering where Ben was.

The next morning we went to Devan's cousin April's baby shower. The car ride down was 5 Steele girls: Nana, Aunt Nicole, Aunt Cheryl, Hannah, and I. It was such a nice shower. She got tons of cute things and the food was amazing. Aunt Gina did a great job. There were 5 different kinds of sandwiches, one of which had Nutella on it. What could be better?

I didn't bring my camera, but Aunt Vynette did. She and I had a conversation at the family reunion about how annoying it is when people steal your pictures, but I'm going to take the chance that she doesn't read my blog and do it anyway. Here are a few pictures from the party (illegally lifted from Facebook.)

April and Ben, the parents-to-be. Their little girl Suvie is due the beginning of September.



Our Nana, Jolynn, and Nicole


Nicole, Hannah, me and Aunt Cheryl. Cheryl usually looks much prettier than in this picture, but I included it anyway because it makes me look better.  


By the time we got home. Ben and Dad were home from their camping trip. Devan failed to take any pictures while they were there, but he said Ben did great and hardly cried at all.


3 comments:

Melinda said...

I am wanting those cupcakes like a pregnant woman craving! haha Hannah looks adorable in that top picture, did she get a haircut?

Heather Thorup said...

MMMM those cupcakes sound scrumptious. Glad you had a little break, even if you didn't sleep well.

Andy and Alianna said...

Sweet Tooth Fairy...soooo yummy! My favorites are the Red Velvet one and the Strawberry shortcake!