Monday, October 10, 2011

Five Mondays

That's right, this is the 5th Monday that this baby has technically been "full term." 5 weekends have come and gone with my husband home with my baby refuses to come when it's convenient. I'm starting to panic. I've got until Saturday to get this baby out, or I'll be two weeks overdue and not eligable for a home birth. Then I'm afraid if I go much past Saturday, someone will recommend a pitocin induction, which for me would be one of the worst ways this pregnancy could end. So, last night before I went to bed I decided I was going to try really hard today to get this baby out.

This morning I got the kids dressed and as soon as they woke up and we went to the vitamin store for some black and blue cohosh. They're herbs that are supposed to be able to help induce labor. A few minutes after I took the first dose, I started feeling a little more crampy than usual. Then I called my midwife and a few hours later I headed to her house to get my membranes stripped. While I was there, she recommended an acupuncturist that she said has successfully started labor in quite a few of her patients. So, we stopped for lunch and then headed to the accupuncturist. I was so lucky that my aunt Renee was able to come with us because the kids were everywhere and I never would have been able to control them alone through all that.

I'm hoping that everything I did today will help this baby come out. I know that the ultimate objective is a healthy baby, but a birth is a big deal and I would like to be able to have it turn out the way I'm hoping.

2 comments:

Jen B. said...

Man alive! I hope this baby comes soon and its the way you want it! I'm sorry this little baby is so overdue. I bet you're super uncomfortable.

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

Oh Alex, I've been thinking of you all weekend, hoping you would be calling to tell me you had a baby. I'm sorry you've had to wait and stress so much. I'm thinking of you and praying for you! Let me know if you need anything!