Thursday, October 6, 2011

In Search of a Chinchilla

Let me lay it all out there from the beginning. We took a trip to two pet stores the other evening. I wanted to buy a fish so I could write a post about it called, "Our New Addition." Devan said no, and here we are.

Hannah's been watching a lot of Dora and Diego lately. She's been talking about animals that eat leaves, like the chinchilla, and she's been super into salads because then she's eating leaves like the chinchillas. Seriously, she's been eating like 2 salads a day. It's great. So Monday night I told Devan we should go to the pet store and try to find a chinchilla.

We started out at PetSmart, but it was really lame. All they had were fish and a few birds and rodents. No chinchillas at all. So, we looked at some fish, and Ben chased a couple of dogs that were there shopping and then we went to a real pet store.


There's this little exotic animal pet store that I discovered when Hannah was about Ben's age. We hadn't been in a couple of years, but it's so cool. Hannah found her chinchilla and she recognized it right away.


Ben met bunnies that were bigger than him.


When we came here when Hannah was one, she tried to grab this duck and it pooped on the floor. This time we had no such incident.  


The store also has a free-roaming chicken and a few cats. We saw exotic fish and snakes and lizards and spider. We saw about 12 little puppies and I wanted to buy them all. Luckily they each cost more than my rent, so I was restrained. We had so much fun. Ben and Hannah got so excited, more than they do at the zoo. Why do I ever spend money on them? 

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Where is this pet store?! I would love some free entertainment for my boys! haha

Dawn said...

I took my clan to the zoo today and between the protestations of my hips and the whining of my thighs, I'm thinking that a pet store is just the thing to do instead. Jace was more interested in the ball in the elephant enclosure than in the elephants, and although Ari had fun and was really wowed this time, I think once a year is plenty for that place. Miss you Alex!