Monday, February 27, 2012

Our Christmas

The day after we got home from our Christmas trip to Utah, we gave our kids their Christmas presents. I'd wanted to do a big "Christmas Morning" but I got too excited. So we did our Christmas morning at night. I made a simple dinner of breakfast foods and we all got in our pajamas.


I got the kids camping chairs during summer clearance and was finally able to give them to them. I can't wait until we can go camping again!


We got Hannah these sparkley blue shoes. She is a shoe girl. I tried to get her to try them on, but she said, "I'm wearing pajamas. These are church shoes. I'm going to go put them in the shoe basket," and she left to put them away. She's so funny!


I think her very favorite present was a baby stroller that I got at a thrift store for $2. Sorry, holiday Barbie.


I got some new additions to my nutcracker collection. I also got a George Foreman grill, upon which I have been making daily grilled sandwiches.


Josh got the traditional engraved ornament for his first Christmas.


I'm a lame-o wife and Devan got things like Beef Jerky, Oreos, and Nutella for Christmas. Luckily, he got some gift cards from other people so he could pick out some toys for himself.


Ben's main present was a set of 5 Yo Gabba Gabba (his favorite show) Beanie Babies. He was so excited. It made me so happy, because at one, you don't really expect a kid to care about anything you get for him. He opened them and started yelling, "Ga!" for Gabba. He still can't say, "Dad," but he knows the name of his favorite show.




We got Josh a box of a few small things. It's hard because we know he doesn't have any idea what's going on, but we wanted to make sure we showed how much we love him.


The kids with all their presents. Looking at this, I feel like I went overboard. I try to never get them anything unless there is a reason like birthday or Christmas or they've earned it in some way. So, all year long, when I see something I really want to get for them, I just save it for Christmas. It turns into a lot of presents sitting in my closet all year. Devan hates that about me. He thinks we should never get them presents during the year AND not get them presents for Christmas.


It was a good Christmas.


No comments: