Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Party Week

The week of Valentine's Day was a crazy, fun, fun week. We had my mom's birthday party, a Valentine's Day Party, my dad's birthday party, a girl's night out, and a wedding reception. Then there were all the normal things, and an evening preschool board meeting thrown in, just for good measure. It was a great week, but I also wasn't sorry for a little less stress the next week.

We started off with Mom's birthday at Renee and Mickey's house on Monday. They put a number "25" instead of "52" on the cake. How kind.



Hannah really liked the cake.


 
So did Ben...




 
Tuesday night we had 8 extra kids over for a cookie decorating party.



Ben didn't decorate a cookie, he just ate the marshmallow and chocolate chip toppings.


The little boys got to be boys and smash trucks together (not to imply that Hannah is a boy, she just happened to be there.)



And the girls got to be girls and play dress up (again, not implying that Nathan is a girl.)



All the littler kids thought they wanted to play in Josh's bouncer.


Devan took good care of the babies. I'm so lucky that he is so good with kids and he's such a good sport when I want to do crazy things.

And, even though I tried not to let them, they all curled up with pillows, blankets, and popcorn and watched a movie for a while. The quiet was nice. Here is the proof of 11 kids and 2 adults in my 900 square foot apartment.


It was such a fun night. I think I figured out the age breakdown to be 9, 7, 5, two 3 year olds, two 2 year olds, two 1 year olds, and two under 1. I love having a house full of kids! Everyone was so polite and well behaved. It was a wonderful night for everyone.

Wednesday was a break, only leaving for little while to play basketball after the kids went to bed.

Thursday night we celebrated my dad's birthday. We each made individual pizzas for dinner. They were so good, and I used the leftover toppings to feed my family pizza for the next 3 meals. Then we had a gigantic Costco chocolate cake for dessert.



After that party was over and the kids were in bed, I went to an "Alice in Wonderland" themed tea party. It was the most creative girl's night I've ever been to. I have a couple of pictures off my phone, but it was dark and they really don't do it justice. The chairs were arranged in varying heights and the food was all delicious and beautiful.  


An assortment of drinks.

My favorite part (and I'm kicking myself for not taking a picture) was a full skirt and Alice legs hanging from the ceiling. Like she's in the process of falling down the rabbit hole. It was so fun and I stayed out later than I probably ever have as a married person.
Friday I slept. I slept in, took a nap, and went to bed early.

Saturday was Brenda Pogue's wedding reception. It was '50s themed and so fun. I threw together a simple poodle dog skirt for Hannah and I wore a dress that I already had that I think is '50s inspired. We danced and ate hamburgers and by the end I was tired and my feet hurt and I was thoroughly happy and worn out.



No comments: