Friday, October 9, 2009

My Shameful Confession

We've lived in this apartment for 6 weeks and 3 days and never once has every room been clean at the same time. That's why you've seen no pictures. So, I'm going to break down and combine the pictures I've taken in various stages of cleanliness and call it good.

Walking in the front door you see...


And yes, that is a colander in the bottom left corner. Hannah managed to throw that in at the last second.


The dining room. Here she'd just snuck over, put a pen on the table and is running away. (I wonder why I've never been able to have everything clean at the same time?)

The flowers on the table were a gift from Devan yesterday. They were an apology for always being so mean to me when I'm nothing but lovely. I'm paraphrasing just a little.


From where I'm standing, the kitchen is directly behind me. There will be no pictures of the kitchen, ever, because it will never be clean. Come visit me sometime and I'll cook for you and then you won't mind the mess in the kitchen so much.

Then we walk down the hall a little ways and come to Hannah's room!




Hannah loves having her own room, but not nearly was much as Mom loves having her own room!





Through our bedroom there's a door to a toilet, then you walk through the shower room...

an pop out across the hall from Hannah's room.


We're so excited about our new home. It's twice the size of our first apartment and I'm so grateful to have so much space!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE your new apartment - can't wait to see it in real life in a few months!!

Renee Beck said...

Your apartment looks great!! quite a step up!! Good job! Miss all of you!!

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

I totally know where you are coming from. I think I'll have to do the same thing (pictures one room at a time . . . life one day at a time, etc.) You apartment looks so cute, especially with that cute girl running around! I miss you! (my word verification word is "tunicrus". Doesn't that just sound gross?!