Friday, October 16, 2009

Wise Words

This evening we took Hannah to the park and met a 4th grader named Veronica who had some parenting advice:

"Rule #1 - Always keep an eye on them"

"Rule #2 - Take care them like a baby dinosaur." Devan and were both sure that first she said, "Kill them like a dinosaur", but she changed her story quickly when I told her that's kinda gross.

"Rule #3 - You're lucky you're young, because when you're old, you're kids drive you crazy!"

"Rule #4 - Be sure you know their personalities so you can give them what they need...like baby bottles, and baby carriages...a baby carriage is just a shorter way of saying 'carry your baby'."

She went all the way up to Rule 2007 (she skipped a few along the way). She says she's always there on Fridays, I think we'll go back next week for some more guidance.

3 comments:

Renee Beck said...

What??

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

Does this child have parents? I'm thinking maybe she watches a bit too much tv.

AlixSteele said...

She followed us around the whole time we were at the park and no parents ever made themselves known. She also told me I looked like Hannah Montana because of my glasses and my clothes. Does Hannah Montanan even wear glasses?