Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Birthday Extravaganza

Ashley turned 25 on Monday. It’s a big birthday and since she’s always doing so much for everyone else we wanted her to have a special surprise birthday party. It took a lot of lying, but we managed to pull it off. The plan was Chad was going to take her out to dinner for her birthday, but have to stop by our house on the way to pick something up. That was ruined when she invited us to come to dinner with them at a restaurant right by their house. I told her we’d go and started freaking out as soon as I was off the phone. I didn’t know how we were going to get out of that one. I texted Chad, “Control your woman!” Our solution was, when she called to tell us what time to meet them I said that we were all pretty tired still from our long drive from Washington the day before. I told her we really didn’t want to drive anymore, but would she come over so I could give her her birthday present. She did not sound happy about that idea, but she came, the great friend that she is. Oh man, she didn’t like us for a while though! She thought she was having the worst birthday of her life! I don’t know what it is that makes me so happy to be mean to my friends sometimes. She got there, and to further add to the surprise, Devan came to the door half dressed and told them to wait just a minute before they came in. The cruelty and deception worked. She was surprised and fun was had by all.

In leu of pin the tale on the donkey, we played "Pin the smile on the Ashley"









And the musical chairs was a little too heated.



Every time the music ended, the girls would squeal and fight for the chair and that always made Becca and Hannah start crying, so we had to pause the game to calm down the babies.







Ashley was very distraught she couldn't blow all her 25 candles out.



I didn't get pictures, but Devan was head of the decorating committee. He chose "fiesta" napkins, because Ashley is always a party, "Over the hill" plates because she's old, cups with roses on them because she's elegant, green streamers because green is her favorite color and red streamers because red should be her favorite color.

4 comments:

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

Fun! I love Devin's decorating ideas. It looks like you guys had a great party. I wish we had friends here!

Andy and Alianna said...

so are you guys pregnant then? I noticed your little tracker thing...congrats!

AlixSteele said...

You're sharp, Alianna. That was my sneaky way of announcing without having to announce. I never know how to go about telling these things.

Andy and Alianna said...

well congrats and let me know if there's anything I can do for you to ease your pregnancy pains...sounds pretty icky! Let me know!