Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Oh Baby!

I obviously haven't written in a while. The reason is because I've been horribly sick because...I'm pregnant! Whoo hoo! I think I'll be 9 weeks along tomorrow. I've very excited and overwhelmed and scared and exhausted. The week after I found out I was babysitting Xay and I decided to take him and Hannah out to run some errands. It was so hard! I don't like dealing with two car seats and having to carry one baby while I chase Hannah through the store. And how do you get anything done when you have two babies? There aren't enough hands! But I figure lots of women have done this lots of times and I'll figure it out. For now I spend a lot of time in bed waiting for the next month to get over.

I think Hannah will enjoy being a big sister...



I don't know how much the new baby will enjoy having Hannah for a big sister...



I promised myself I wouldn't turn into such a bum this pregnancy, but so far that hasn't happened. I'd forgotten how badly the littlest things would wear me out physically and emotionally. But I do remember that I felt great once I hit about 16 weeks. I can do this for a few more weeks. Hannah and I have enjoyed some nice cuddles while we've layed in bed watching movies for the last month.

In some ways this pregnancy is a lot easier than the first, and in some ways it's a lot harder. It feels like it's going by faster, probably because I know it's going to end eventually and that it will all be worth it. When I was first pregnant with Hannah I wasn't so sure. But I feel like I'm sicker this time than I was last time. For example, yesterday I had a meeting up at the U in the middle of a snow storm. I don't like to drive in the snow so I took the train. On the way home I started feeling really sick and I was afraid I was going to puke. I stood up at my stop and next thing I knew I was on the floor being woken up by some nice strangers. I never passed out on trains when I was pregnant with Hannah! What's up with that?

But this last month hasn't been a total waste. We're getting ready for Christmas the best we can. There is a tree and stockings and there will be presents. Devan is spending the day making fudge. I haven't had the stomach to cook lately, but luckily Devan likes Christmas treats enough to make them himself.



My dad was here visiting with us last week. We so enjoyed having him here, but I'm afraid we weren't great hosts since I'm such a lump these days. We did have fun though. We had our ward Christmas party on Saturday night and got to take a ton of leftovers home. On Monday we went ice skating (minus Hannah) at the Olympic oval. It was a great time and the only time the whole week I felt like myself. And Hannah got to open her presents from Grandpa.











Then she noticed, "Hey, there's another one!"





It's a toss across! I was super excited about it until we discovered Hannah doesn't know how to toss. She walks over and places the bean bags on the board. It will be great to help her learn though and in the meantime, Devan  and I are having a blast with it.

The only other exciting thing that's happened lately is Hannah's cousins, Kylee and Peyton came and spent the night on Saturday night. We had so much fun and I love their energy, but it was a little intense at moments. Hannah loves to play with her cousins. I can't wait until she has a sibling to play with all the time.

Also, Hannah has been learning a lot of signs lately. She knows "more", "shoes", "work", "water", "kitty", "ball", "please", "cookie", "spaghetti", "hamburger", and "pizza" (you can tell how well we've been eating lately). She's not quite there on "Mom" and "Dad", but we're working on it. It's so fun to see how fast she's learning.

And in case you were wondering, this is how I keep Hannah busy while I write in my blog.


3 comments:

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

It looks like you guys are having fun, despite the yuckies. Are you eating enough? Even if you don't feel good you need to eat! Am I sounding like your mom?

I bet Christmas is so much fun with Hannah this year now that she understands more. I wish we could be there to play toss across with you!

Voewl Movement said...

In the photo where she's standing with the popcorn-vacuum-cleaner or whatever we're calling it, her leg is so pen-marked that it looks like she's wearing fishnet stockings.

I sure miss you guys. It hasn't even been a week since I left, and it already seems like several days ago.

Merry Christmas! And Happy Birthday, Devanson.

Renee Beck said...

I have been missing your entries lately, so sorry to hear that your feeling so crappy, but sooo excited about why!! You have some wonderful pictures on there, She is just such a doll!!