Sunday, June 27, 2010

My Big Book of Grievences

Grievance #1


Target wouldn't let me bring a cart into the dressing room. I have a little girl who slips under doors and runs away every time my pants are down in public. If she's not strapped in somewhere, we're in big trouble. The manager didn't care. Apparently there just isn't any way to accommodate clothing shoppers with small children. I wanted to cry.

Grievance #2

This weekend was the Taylorsville Days carnival. Thursday was $1 ride day and I really wanted to take Hannah on a ferris wheel. We went on a couple of rides and saved the ferris wheel for very last. We waited in line for 15 minutes just to have the ride operator tell me I couldn't ride it because I'm "expecting." They couldn't have put a sign up? This time I did cry. And this was after I’d gone on the giant slide, where you get a little air off of each of the 3 humps and the merry-go-round. You’d think the merry-go-round would be gentle, but it was the sketchiest thing I’ve ever ridden. There weren’t any seat belts and the horses would go slowly up, up, up and then DOWN! I’ve been obsessing over it for two days and I can’t think of a single thing about a ferris wheel that could hurt a pregnant mom or baby.

Grievance #3

When we were in California last month, Devan and 3 other guys he works with all got tickets for not wearing their seat belts. The police officer said that he had until July 15th to pay it and that it would be $25, although there was no price anywhere on the ticket. So, we finally got an official notice explaining how to pay the ticket and the price is $150! He got the ticket on 5/26, this notice is postmarked 6/18, and it is due 7/15. So, they wait nearly a month to inform us that the ticket is actually six times the amount the police officer said it would be and by the time the notice comes we have less than a month to come up with the extra money. I dug around a little online and apparently that's normal in California. They tack on all sorts of other fees and you end up paying way more than the cost of the violation. I hate California!

I hate how unjust the world is and I hate these pregnancy hormones that are making me take everything so personally!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I made a whole post about Target a few years back on my blog. I hate their policy on kids in dressing rooms!

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

Target has done that to me before too. I went bra shopping and I just had to buy like 6 bras and try them all on at home, then take back the ones that didn't fit. Stupid.