Friday, June 25, 2010

Washington Trip



A couple of weeks ago Hannah and I went to visit our family in Washington. We left Friday afternoon and got home Wednesday morning. The last time Hannah rode in an airplane was right around her first birthday, so she doesn't remember it, of course, but she loves airplanes. She can spot them from far, far away, and she's always talking about Grandpa, and Grandma, and Kory, and Renee who go on the airplane.

She was very excited to be on the plane. As we were waiting to take off she said, "Hannah airplane...so fun!"




She did not, however, like sitting down and being buckled. We were both pretty relieved when the ride was over.

On Saturday, my mom and I walked the Sound to Narrows at Point Defiance park. It was a 12k, which supposedly translates into 7.46 miles. In ways, it was better and worse than I expected. I finished it, which I wasn't sure I'd be able to do. My only goal starting out was to get done in less than 3 hours. We came in at 2 hours and 40 minutes, taking a couple of breaks along the way to wait in line for a port-o-potty. For me, the first mile and the last mile were the hardest part. The first mile is all downhill, but it's in the sun and even at 9 in the morning I was baking. I was having way more contractions than I usually do on walks and I was getting scared for the next 6 miles. But as soon as we got onto 5-mile-drive it was nice and shady and we didn't have any trouble. That last mile uphill was rough too, but we made it and were rewarded with yogurt, muffins, oranges, and water bottles at the finish line.

Saturday was a hot, hot day and I don't like visiting states where people don't have air conditioning. So, Hannah and I had a nice campout on the trampoline. It reaffirmed my belief that sleeping outside as often as possible is good for your soul.


My mom had a bbq for us on Sunday and invited all my uncles and aunts on both sides of the family. It was so nice to see everyone. It would have been a great photo opportunity, but I failed to take a single picture.

Monday and Tuesday were filled with time with the grandparents, trips to the park, and baseball games. It was lovely. As always, the trip flew by, but these days I'm very happy when the week goes quickly by. 5 more weeks to due date!



This was just a little game Hannah taught everyone.

1 comment:

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

Nathan made me play the video of Hannah over and over! Looks like you had fun!