Friday, August 13, 2010

Ben's First Camping Trip



Last weekend (August 6-8), Ben got to go on his first camping trip. I've been wanting to go all summer, but we're always busy on the weekends. Since we have a new baby and had gotten out of all our responsibilities this weekend, I decided we should get out of town while we had the chance.

We got there as it was getting dark on Friday night, so we just set up the tent and went to bed. We were lucky to have a little girl to gather our fire wood the next morning.



After breakfast we went on a little hike to a lake.





This isn't a good picture of us, but look at the pretty lake. 







After lunch we went to the Provo River Falls. We've visited here every summer since Hannah was born. It gets a little harder every year. We always start down lower and get to see 3 water falls on our little climb to the top. It was a lot simpler before Hannah could run.


All Hannah wanted to do was play in the icy cold mountain water.








By the time we were done at the falls it was time to go back to camp and cook dinner. This is what Hannah looks like after 24 hours of not even having her hands washed.


And then when she takes out her ponytail.


The smores were one of those things that I think will be more fun to remember doing than they actually were to do.


But we must not have learned our lesson because we ate more marshmallows for breakfast the next morning.


We had a great time and I'm really glad we went. Usually after a camping trip I want to go again right away, but this time I think I got my fill...for a while at least.


1 comment:

Renee Beck said...

You both amaze me!! what else can I say?