Sunday, August 8, 2010

We have a baby

I hate to blog when I'm super tired because I think I just end up saying silly things. I've been putting off writing anything until I'm not completely exhausted, but Ben is now 11 days old and it hasn't happened yet and I don't think it will happen in the near future, so here we are.




Benjamin Ronald Steele was born on Tuesday, July 27th at 4:45 pm. He was 8 pounds 5 ounces and 22 inches long. I was in labor for right around 13 hours. We had him at a birth center, which has a maximum stay time of 4 hours after birth, but I was showered and wanting to go home by 7:30.



Devan dropped me and Ben off at home and then went to pick up Hannah from his parents' house, but she was already asleep, so he came back home (With hamburgers. I was so starving!). It was a little nice being on our own that first night because Ben didn't want to fall asleep until around 4 in the morning. That was probably the only really hard night we've had so far. Ben figured out how to eat so much quicker than Hannah. By his second night he was a pro and Devan didn't have to get up a single time. With Hannah we were still up trying to help her eat by the 3rd or 4th night.

Hannah came home when her Nana went to work the next morning and got to meet her brother. She was still sleeping when she got home, so this is right after she woke up.






The first day all she wanted to do was hold him, but she wasn't very good at holding him gently. Every time we'd take him away, she'd throw a fit and scream, "No! Hannah's baby!"








She realized Ben was a really cool guy when he brought her a present...a new Tinkerbell movie!



We all spent most of the day Wednesday hanging out on the couch and watching Tinkerbell over and over and over.



Hannah took a nap late in the afternoon and slept until dinner time, so to wake her up I just put crying baby Ben in bed with her.




It still took her a bit to wake up, but then she wanted to hold him again,







2 comments:

Renee Beck said...

That is so adorable!! Hannah really seems to love her new baby!! Does she know hes not a doll?? He is extremely cute though!!! I am so looking forward to meeting himand seeing all you guys soon.

Voewl Movement said...

Thanks for posting these. I was starting to worry that you weren't going to update this anymore (because I deleted my FB account and can't see any of those updates). What a beautiful baby.

I especially like the ones with Devan and Benjamin lying on the floor. He looks surprisingly alert (as does Benjamin).

Did Benjamin really drink some of the smoothie?