Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Painting

I'd been thinking for months that I needed to teach Hannah how to paint with watercolors, but I was too much of a wimp to try. I was afraid of the mess and the time commitment. (Looking back this seems silly. They're watercolors for crying out loud!) So one day about 2 weeks ago Ben was having a day like this:


I was frazzled and Hannah was bored and attention-starved so I decided we needed something productive to keep us occupied. It turned out to be a great experience. I got to sit at the table and rock Ben and she painted for a whole hour and a half. We were able to talk and sing and a horrible afternoon was turned into a great one. She painted so carefully and enjoyed herself so much.
















Hannah has also enjoyed taking pictures lately. We got a lot of these... 


But we've been working on making sure she can see her subject in the camera before she takes the picture and last week, this is one of a few good ones she got.




And I took this one. I could just eat him up!


No comments: