Saturday, August 15, 2009

Parkland Putters




Next week is my last full week in Washington and my brother Kory will be at his dad's house, so yesterday we decided to spend the afternoon "just the two of us". We dropped Hannah off at her grandpa's and then headed to Subway for some amazing turkey sandwiches. (I could have made them better, of course, but as usual, no one let me behind the counter. If you share me sentiments, feel free to join my facebook group, I'm the best sandwich artist and no one else can compare) And then on to Parkland Putters! We had the best time. We played twice and Kory won both, but the second round he only won by 1 because we were on the easy course (the one with the boat!)



While we were gone, Hannah was having a great day with Grandpa. They went to the library and played with puppets and Hannah cried when a fellow toddler tried to pick her up. Then they went to a pet store where a goose, a rooster and a cat roam freely. Hannah tried to touch the goose and literally scared the poop out of him. Then they went to the mall where Hannah got two new pairs of shoes, one from Great-Grandma and one from Grandpa.

Her very first pair of lace-up shoes! She's very excited.


I know that sounded sarcastic, but I think she really is excited. "Shoes" is one of her newest words. She loves to wear shoes and is always bringing me shoes to put on her.
Hannah wearing my shoes and using Great-grandma for balance. Typical...she can't walk in her shoes, but she still thinks she looks good. We'll have to break her of that one.

2 comments:

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

I can't believe how big Hannah is getting! She is still a baby in my mind. The fact that she speaks is crazy! Did you get a ribbon at Parkland Putters?

AlixSteele said...

She seems like she's grown up a lot over the summer. She doesn't have a ton of words, but she's trying really hard to talk. I got TWO ribbons at Parkland Putters! I think Kory felt bad for me for losing so he gave me his.