Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A little clarification

I couldn't let that last post go without saying that other than today's little inconveniences and the whole poverty thing, we are doing really well. I know that I don't say it as much as I should, but we are so blessed. We're happy and healthy (except for today) and we have everything we need. I'm grateful that we are able to eat the way we want to and that we have a home that is more than sufficient for our needs. I'm grateful for the gospel we have in our lives and for the peace and assurity that it brings to us. We were just called to be the nursery leaders, which I'm very excited about. It will be very easy to make sure that the things Hannah learns at church suppliments the things she learns at home, since I'll get to give her lessons on Sunday. And we're very happy that so far our little BOY is growing just the way he should. He's been a fun one. I think he must have some really beefy man hormones in there that have still got me throwing up a couple times a week. But I'm not taking anything for granted this time and I'm so grateful to have him with me. I'm just about half-way done, which is a little scary. Last time I couldn't wait for her to come, but this time I know what happens when the pregnancy ends. I'm still pretty early in the pregnacy, but so far I'm still saying I'd rather be pregnant than have a newborn! All in all, we have a good, good life.

"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; " 2 Corinthians 4:8-9

3 comments:

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

Thinking of you (and your poor sick baby)!

Voewl Movement said...

I had a similar realization of gratefulness recently. Several things went wrong in the span of a couple of days. (Finding out I have to have that expensive dental work done was just one of many.) Then my bedroom door suddenly went all crooked and wouldn't open or close properly. I thought: How many things are going to go wrong?

Then I thought about the parents of Chelsea King, a straight-A student and member of a youth symphony in California who had been missing and was recently found in a shallow grave. I suddenly felt really guilty when I thought of Chelsea and her family. Compared to them, I've never had anything even remotely approaching a problem.

LisaJones said...

COngratulations On the BOY! Hooray! We are hoping for a boy, But we'd love a girl too!
I'm so sorry you guys have had the yucky sickness at your house. I haven't seen you in too long!
By the way, Did you know Reese is comming for conference in a few weeks! We all need to get together!
Love you!