Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day



This weekend we went to a St Patrick's Day parade at an outdoor mall. It started out fun with horses and motorcycles, but it quickly became an endless stream of every child from every Catholic school in the valley. They didn't even do anything cool either. Some walked by eating pizza straight out of the box. It was raining and we left early. However, it was worth going to just to see this guy. I've decided  that after spending his life with Heather, this will be our friend Ryan Barton in 40 years...


Today I kept the car to run some errands, so when Devan and Jordan (Hannah's uncle) ended up working late, I was able to go over and babysit the cousins. We had a fun time. We played outside in the sun and took a long walk.


I wanted to get pictures of all the kids in their green clothes and Kylee was the one who pulled out the box to make it all professional. She put the poses together all on her own. This is the best we got...




I had potato soup and soda bread planned for dinner, but by the time we got home, it was too late to start cooking, so we had Mexican instead. I also made green ice cream, but it isn't frozen yet. We'll have a nice St. Patrick's Day dinner tomorrow.

Today was the first time since my morning sickness started that I've been back up to my pre-pregnancy weight. It was fairly traumatizing. I have a feeling that now the weight is going to come on really fast. (It's probably because I've found a new craving -- Ritz crackers. I've eaten 2 whole boxes in the last week. Not good.) Coincidently, it was also the first time I've felt like I looked pregnant and not just chunky. This is me, a few days shy of 5 months...

1 comment:

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

Sweet! Only, Ryan pointed out that I would never let him have that beard. Probably true. But we could compromise. If he lets me be plump, I'll let him be hairy (when we're old).