Wednesday, March 17, 2010

She's not even two yet!

The terrible twos are upon us. I don't know where this whiney, clingy, stubborn little girl came from. In the last week she's undergone a huge personality change. Oh the tantrums! And the attitude! When I ask her to do something she doesn't like she says, "No, baby!" So hilarious.
However, when she's not asserting her independence, she's been a very sweet girl. Devan has been away at work and school all day everyday (which we're happy for. I'm not complaining one bit) and we're having to relearn how to be alone together for that long. She's a good helper and she's learning how to play by herself. I've been so sick and tired this week that I spend a lot of my day on the couch. The last two days I've fallen asleep before nap time. She played by herself and when she was ready to nap she got in bed with me and fell asleep. What a kid.

We had a sweet moment this evening. Devan had his night class, so he got home while I was getting Hannah ready for bed. She took a bath and we sat on the floor in the bathroom watching her and talking. It was so nice and I realized I take for granted how peaceful and easy our life is right now. After the new baby comes, I think it will be a rare occasion for both of us to be able to give our full attention to one child. It will be good for Hannah to learn to share attention, but it's still sad to think that this period of being able to give everything I have to one child is ending. When I was pregnant with Hannah I tried to spend as much time alone with Devan as I could. This time I'm trying to soak up all the Hannah that I can.

No comments: