Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hannah's First Ice Adventure



We're lucky enough that the closest ice rink to our house is the Olympic Oval. It was used for the 2002 Olympic speed skating competitions. The track is 400 meters long. To help you imagine, it encircles 2 full size hocky rinks. They close the big oval every year from April to July so this week was our last chance to go in who knows how long. I've been wanting to take Hannah skating for a while, so we took a chance and brought her. When we go without her we usually stay for the whole 3 hour session and do about 40 laps. This time we stayed for an hour and did 2 and a half laps. I could see definite improvements by the end. We'll keep working on it. Plus, it's free for her to go until she's 3!





 Hannah needed lots of breaks



 Her favorite part was walking in her skates. We did a half a lap like this.






1 comment:

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

I think Hannah's a better ice skater than I am. Did she have fun? I need one of those "walkers" next time I go. Which will probably be in about 10 years since I can't remember the last time I ice skated.