Wednesday, March 17, 2010

We're going to be CLEAN people!


We bought a washer and dryer. My only requirement for having this baby was I needed to be able to wash clothes whenever I wanted. I can go without a crib, changing table, swing, or nursing pillow, but this time I put my foot down about the washer. Devan wasn't very hard to convince. I said I only needed one by August, but we've been watching prices for a while and a really good sale came up. And after having two loads of vomit laundry in my house last week I didn't want to wait much longer. Plus, Devan said that it would be nice to know we got something out of our dead car (because apparently, the ability to live for the last two months wasn't enough for him). So we paid Sears the rest of the insurance money and we are now proud large appliance owners. I have to say, trading my car for a washing machine was totally and completely worth it.

We got a high efficiency washer that should save us a ton in utilities over time, plus we get $150 back from our gas and electric companies just for getting them. We've been discussing since we moved here in August if we should spend some money for a new washer or risk it with a used one. Would you be surprised to learn it was Devan that wanted to get the nice one? And that he insisted we get matching ones? I would have been okay with a used dryer since the energy efficiency doesn't vary too much among dryers. After 4 years together I've learned he's superficial in one single area: laundry machines. Oh how I love that sweet, strange man.
 

You can see in the background my homemade laundry soap. I'm still trying to be frugal. To make it I had to grate a bar of yellow soap and Hannah threw a fit when I wouldn't give her any "cheese".

We loaded the washer and the three of us pushed the button at the same time and then we sat and watched it. It's pretty interesting. It squirts a little water in and then spins it a couple times and repeats until all the clothes are wet. Every time the water squirted Hannah got startled. The first couple times it happened she ran all the way out of the room.


I had to take a lot of pictures to catch that face.

1 comment:

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

Hooray! I'm so happy for you! Life changing, isn't it?