Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend - Sunday

We stayed at Chad and Ashley's house Saturday night so that we could leave early Sunday morning to go to General Conference. Since it's broadcast all over the place, they don't let little kids go, which was fine with me. There's no way we could have enjoyed it with a squirmy girl on our laps for two hours. The Conference center seats 21,000 people and it is completely filled for each of the 5 sessions every General Conference. It was a great experience getting to go.

While we were gone, Ashley gave Hannah an Easter basket. She totally spoiled her and Hannah got really cute new clothes out of it. (Scroll down to see)




And when we got back, I put together the one from us. It was so exciting to assemble my very first Easter basket!


The bunny came from Hannah's grandma, and her grandpa got her the pez dispenser when he was here a couple of weeks ago. She's been playing with it ever since, but I figured I'd throw it in too. I made the basket for her all by myself. It was a fun project...hopefully it holds up for a few Easters.


She was mostly interested in the candy. My gosh, she ate a lot of candy this weekend! Not cool. The first thing she grabbed was the chocolate bunny and said, "open, please," but I wouldn't because I wanted her to look at the other stuff. So she did it herself.






Yikes.

I smuggled away the chocolate and made her put on her new Easter clothes, but by this point she was too tired and messed up from all the sugar, so I don't have any pictures where she isn't crying. I'll try to get pictures of us in our matching skirts before church next week.

One more tidbit about the basket. Before it was done she thought it was her hat and every time I'd work on it she'd cry and say, "hat!" and try to take it back. It made for slow going.

1 comment:

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

No wonder you were stressed, it looks like you had a lot going on too! How did you make that Easter basket? It's so cute (even as a hat)!