Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Two Already?

Hannah's birthday celebration was spread out over the whole weekend. On Friday night Mom, Renee, Kory, Devan, Hannah, and I went out to dinner at Leatherby's to celebrate. We were excited to have the waiters sing to her, but before we could ask, the large table behind us "sang" (shouted) the "Happy Birthday" song to a member of their party. Less than a minute later the 20 person table in front of us sang to one of their members. This was the point when our waiter came and asked us if we needed anything else. We chose dignity, said "no thank you", and quitetly paid our bill.


We had Hannah's birthday party on Sunday evening. Hannah is so blessed to have such a big family and some sweet friends that we didn't have room in our apartment for everyone, so we had a dinner at our church building. The theme of her party was "Barnyard Fun."


That was about all there was to the decorations. But don't you feel like you're having fun at a barnyard? For dinner we had pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans, homemade biscuits (by Mom), macaroni salad (by Mom Steele), deviled eggs (by Ashley), and lemonade. For dessert we had pink cupcakes (they were supposed to look like pigs, but that was a fiasco), and homemade rocky road ice cream (like pig slop, get it? Hee hee...)

The party probably only made me even more sad that I don't live on a farm. The fresh veggies, fresh milk for the ice cream, healthy eggs...all a lie. For all I know the vegetables were grown in South America two weeks ago, the milk is probably going to make my daughter resistant to antibiotics, and don't even get me started on caged egg-laying chickens. But it was fun to play pretend for a night. Please excuse my rant.

It was a nice party, and probably the most relaxed dinner (for me) that I've ever hosted. I found a wonderful new freedom knowing I was going home to a messy house that no one but me (and my out of town guests) had to endure.

On to the memories...








Hannah got a special quilt from her Nana to go over her mattress from Grandma and Aunt Renee on her new big girl bed from her cousin Kylee. We're all very excited.


Princess dress-up shoes. They're too big for now, but she's in love with them. They've made running errands a little harder, but much fancier.



She blew out the candles all by herself. At that moment I wanted to cry for not thinking to bring the video camera.




And finally, the best part of Hannah's weekend...




Hannah saying goodnight to Maddie. If she's a little much, we can only blame it on her genes.

1 comment:

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

It looks like things turned out so cute! What a great party! Hannah looks so grown up!