Tuesday, April 20, 2010

No Comment



I turned 24 yesterday. Scary. I felt a little sick during the day, so I stayed in bed until about 11 (I told myself it was because it was my birthday, but that's a lie. It's not that unusual.) I spent the day eating a package of Ritz crackers and tidying up. I tried to do a few things to make myself feel special. I didn't return a library book that was due today because I wanted to finish it. I can add $.20 to my library tab on my birthday right? Devan will tell you that's not just a birthday thing. I also turned on the AC for the first time of the season. The high was 76, which to pregnant Alex is hot enough to make everyone else just a little stupider than they really are. The Washington relatives should be glad they have some distance this summer. 16 more weeks AT VERY MOST until my little space heater is out!

My biggest pregnancy craving so far has been BBQ bacon cheeseburgers, so that's what we made for birthday dinner. Chad, Ashley, Stephanie, and Xay came over and we feasted on burgers, hot dogs, tater tots (sounded better to pregnant birthday Alex than fries or chips) and salad. Somehow, I was too full for my salad after I ate my burger, hot dog and tater tots. I wonder why that always happens to me? For dessert we had cherry chip cake. It was the same cake I made Hannah for her birthday and I only got to eat about 8 cupcakes in the days following. I've been looking forward to having my own cherry chip cake all week. We have half the cake left, so at least Devan won't have to worry about Hannah getting fed enough while he's at work tomorrow.

We ate our cake and ice cream outside and then played at the playground.

Devan and Chad raced horses. Devan won.






I was too afraid to do anything too extreme.




Hannah makes the weirdest faces. I don't know whose kid she is...





Ashley was braver than I, but that courage came at a price...





As did Hannah's...



Then we had a relay race. I wasn't halfway up the slide yet, when I realized I'm much bigger these days than I think I am. This was kind of sad, because believe me, I had no illusions about pregnant Alex being a slight woman.


I don't think everyone else was as excited about the race as I was, but I have sweet friends. Seriously though, you tell me what kind of a birthday party it would have been without a relay race.




And who could give up that sweet feeling of accomplishment?



4 comments:

Andy and Alianna said...

how fun! I can't believe how fast time flies...remember when we were in jr. high (hating life because we were all weird and funny looking) thinking 2004 just couldn't come fast enough? yeah...it's come and gone (mostly gone though...farther and faster than I wanted).

Anyway, sounds like you had a great birthday! Happy Birthday!

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

I miss you so much! I'm glad you had fun on your birthday. This post had me laughing (and maybe pouting a little too, since I wasn't there) the whole time I read it. The face . . . oh man.

LisaJones said...

Hey Hey! Happy Birthday! I've really had a hankering this year to do some intense searching and Find you a "Pick your Nose" Birthday card, But alas...I didnt. I wonder if they still make those? Anyway, You look way Cute birthday girl! We need to get together sometime soon, Before either of us are too Pregnant to drive!

Kelly said...

Happy belated Birthday Alex! Looks like good times!