Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween Weekend

Friday morning Ashley helped out in her friend's kindergarten classroom and brought Hannah along just like last year.  

There she is at the end of the table. Doesn't she look like she belongs in school. Such a big girl!


Ashley said the kids kept putting these letters back and then she'd run back over and mess them up.


 After school Ashley took her out to lunch and to a store and Hannah got a new ball. I had a great day at home with Ben and was able to get some projects done. Hannah and I are so lucky to have a friend like Ashley!


That night Devan didn't get home from work until 9 and the kids had been super whiney all afternoon, so as soon as he got home we went out to dinner. Hannah was especially hungry and had a hard time understanding that she had to wait for her dinner. The waiter took our order and then every time he walked past after that she yelled, "Hey! Where's my food?!"

Saturday morning we went to Hannah's new friend Madison's 3rd birthday party.

Hannah loves the trampoline over there.


And she loved this dollhouse. We'd be inside doing games or eating and she kept sneaking outside to play.




We spent Saturday afternoon running around doing all the errands and chores and cooking we needed to do for the weekend. Saturday evening was our ward's trunk or treat. It was raining so we moved inside. It made it really quick and easy for the kids to get lots of candy. We were in and out in a half hour and Hannah had plenty of candy for us to steal. 



Hannah's cousins and friend Xay came and they looked AWSOME!


We went home to get some much-needed real food in the kids. We had a yummy dinner of pumpkin chili and Devan's wheat bread.




Sunday evening we had 4 families from church over for dinner. I'd found a recipe for soup baked in a pumpkin so I decided I needed to have people over to make it. I didn't give myself enough time and it didn't cook fully in the pumpkin so I had to throw in on the stove at the last minute. I threw in some pumpkin puree I'd made the day before and called it good. We also had spit pea soup, bread and fruit and someone brought a yummy vegetarian pasta salad. It wasn't super halloweenie, but I thought it was nice. Our sweet neighbors downstairs don't eat sugar so they brought a delicous sugar-free apple crisp. Hannah had a great time having some of her friends over. Being in nursery, we hardly ever see anyone else at church, so it was so great to get to make some new friends and get to know our old friends better.

And Hannah got a new Halloween skirt. I made it long and big so that hopefully she can wear it next year. 



I think this was our best Halloween yet!

No comments: