Monday, November 22, 2010

Pre-Thanksgiving Weekend

Saturday morning Hannah got to go to her first Primary activity! She won't be in primary for another year, (all the kids who turn 3 next year will move up as a class in January 2012) but we were asked to help at the activity so she got to participate too. The kids and leaders acted out the story of the 10 lepers who Jesus healed, but only one went back to say thank you.

This is our leper family...





They're sad that they're lepers...


Afterward the children decorated "Gratitude Jars." They were supposed to write down things they were grateful for on strips of paper. I had a hard time helping her understand what gratitude is. I finally said, "What has Heavenly Father given you?" and she said, "Um...He gives me suckers?" So I wrote down suckers and called it good. 


She wasn't able to sit still the whole time, but it was still so fun to watch her sit with the big kids for a little bit.



Saturday afternoon we went home and made a turkey for our ward's annual Thanksgiving dinner. I need to make a turkey far more often. They're so delicious! We got there early to set up and it was raining a little on the way there. Then during the party I kept hearing people complain about the weather. I didn't know what they were talking about until we walked out at the end of the evening.




It was wet, heavy snow and Hannah thought it was great to rub all over her head.


The next morning we went outside to play for just a few minutes before church. The snow was so deep. With every step Hannah said, "I'm stuck!"


All the trees in our complex are missing branches since so much snow fell so quickly.


Ben enjoyed the snow as much as the rest of us.


He had to get a little cleaned up after someone tried to throw a snowball at Devan and missed.


Hannah sticking up for her Dad and brother.


Sunday evening Hannah and I were invited over to our wonderful neighbor Tauni's house to watch the Beauty and the Beast Christmas movie. She is so sweet with Hannah. More than anyone else, I love people who love my children! She and I had a great evening enjoying soup, sandwiches, and lots of girl talk!

No comments: