Sunday, November 14, 2010

A little of this and a little of that...

I tend to put off blogging, not because I'm all that busy, but because I keep thinking something more exciting is going to happen. It never does. I have a feeling this is going to be another long, rambling chronicle of every detail of our last two weeks. Brace yourselves.


Devan had a day off week before last and we took a walk. I go on walks with the kids in the stroller a few times a week, but it's different when Devan's there. I'm more willing to go slow and enjoy the scenery.



We stopped on a little bridge where people always feed the ducks. As soon as we walked up they all gathered under the bridge, but we didn't have any food for them. Then a couple arrived to feed the ducks and they gave Hannah some bread. It was so much fun!



The guy dumped a couple half-full bags of chips into the water and the ducks went crazy. I don't really understand the concept of stale chips though. If a bag of chips enters my house it's gone in 24 hours, tops.


This was one of our last nice fall days. Last week it was so cold. Hannah asked to go to the park every single day. We tried twice and it was a failure both times. Too cold and wet and no fun for any of us. I have a feeling it's going to be a long, long winter.


Hannah pretending to be her dad. He's scary.


One night we put Hannah down in her bed and Ben was sleeping in our bed. We thought she'd fallen asleep right away, but when we went to bed, this is what we found. She'd snuck in, cuddled up to Ben and fallen asleep without waking Ben or alerting us that she was out of bed.


This was another night when Ben was supposed to be sleeping, but he was being very smiley and elf-like.


He was so cute that rather than be bothered I decided to get up and eat ice cream and give up on sleep.


One day Devan brought the chalk board out to teach some things to those of us who didn't take calculus. Hannah took the board over with her circles. I didn't know she could draw such good circles. You'll also notice the long Devan-shirt. She's been wearing them a lot lately. Last Sunday she had one on and it was a battle before church.
Mom: "Put on this dress!"
Hannah: "I'm already wearing a dress!!!"


This is the first day I know for sure Ben rolled over. I think it was last Thursday which means Ben was about 3 and a half months (15 weeks) old. I didn't see it, but I left him on his back and next thing I know he's on his stomach. There have been several times this weekend that I've walked in and he's gone stomach to back. No one has ever seen these roll-overs though. He's either very, very sneaky or very, very neglected.


On Friday we went to Hannah's friend Josh's birthday party at the aquarium. Devan was working and I realized I don't take these kids very many places by myself anymore. I was a little overwhelmed. We'll go to the park or the grocery store or the gym (you know, the necessities), but we tend to avoid crowded, confined spaces. The point is, we had a blast, but I didn't get many good pictures.

Hannah's favorite part was the sting ray you could touch.




We saw penguins. They weren't as big as this one, but probably the one to the left. They were awesome.



Benj is getting better at controlling his hands.



Last night Uncle Jordan and the cousins came over and the girl cousins decided to spend the night. They didn't have dresses with them for church so I couldn't resist doing some matching skirts.


I need to get myself some more little girls. So fun!


Tonight is Sunday and as usual I'm renewed and have big plans for next week. My biggest plan is to exercise more next week. I haven't lost a single pound since Ben was 6 weeks old. This is getting a little ridiculous.

2 comments:

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

Ben's dimples are so cute! I can't wait to meet him at Christmas.

Andy and Alianna said...

Will you guys be in Washington for Christmas?