Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Awesomest Saturday Ever

The third week of January we really didn't do anything. I was so tired, I could barely get off the couch most days. I still am not sure what it was. I'm trying really hard to take off some weight so I was staying completely away from sugar and white flour. That should have left me with more energy, but I think I was having trouble getting through my days without my regular sugar-highs.

I feel like I redeemed my lazy-momness just a little on Saturday. We had the most fun day! Back in November we participated in our local Public Broadcasting Station's reading marathon. The kids had to read (be read to) for 8 hours in 3 weeks. I figured it would be a piece of cake, but it was actually a little bit of a stretch for us. The reward at the end was a "Super Reader Party." Each kid could only bring one parent and I wanted Devan to be able to go too, so I did the reading with both the kids. They very rarely would both sit happily at the same time, however, so I read more like 12 hours over those 3 weeks. Still not that much, but remember, lazy-mom.

We finished our reading the first week of December and on January 22 the day of the party finally came. Of course, Devan ended up having to work that day, so Ben went over to Nana's house and Hannah and I got a Mommy/Daughter Date. 



I didn't know what to expect, but it was more fun than I thought it would be. It was a whole bunch of different vendors advertising, but they each had something really fun for the kids to do.




We touched fossils...


And met this huge dog.


She helped paint Big Bird...



And dug for dinosaur eggs. She loves dinosaurs and loves the little baby dinosaur that she discovered in the egg. But it's small and black and I keep thinking it's a piece of poop when I find it on the floor.


She made a cape.






Made a name bracelet...


Met a chinchilla...


And Curious George!


We're now growing sunflowers in our living room. We have 5 little sprouts. It's so exciting to get to water them and see them grow every day!


After the party, we picked up our boys and headed down to Provo for one of my dearest friends, Lisa's daughter Maddie's Elmo birthday party!



Ben is just 6 weeks older than little Makenzie. So cute!




I was so worried that Hannah was going to have a hard time not getting any presents and having to give one away, but she did great. She is getting super excited about her 3rd birthday though. We talk about it every day.


From there we went to Chad and Ashley's for a game night. Hannah needing to learn delayed gratification only lasted for about 2 hours because they had Christmas presents waiting for us.



They are far more kind to us than we deserve.




We had such a fun night. We probably ignored our kids more than was responsible, but they seemed to enjoy themselves.

No comments: