Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Big Move

We made it to Washington late on a Thursday evening. We'd started out as soon as Devan got out of school Wednesday night and between having to stop for kids and dinner and minor car trouble and wrong turns, it took us 4 hours to go 200 miles. I'd wanted to drive most of the night while the kids were sleeping, but by the time midnight rolled around and Hannah still wasn't asleep yet, I needed to stop for the night.

Devan's sister Nicole came with us and she drove one car, I drove the van, and Devan drove the moving truck. I think we all felt like we had the hardest car to drive. Devan had to be in the big, loud, bumpy truck, Nicole's car had no air conditioning, and I had to entertain the two kids all by myself. And I had to stop to go to the bathroom literally once an hour. But we all persevered and did the last 650 miles in about 12 hours.

Friday morning we got checked into our apartment and unloaded the moving truck.


But then tragedy struck when we realized there was no way to get our couch up the stairs to our apartment! So, we sent it away to Renee and Mickey's house and Mickey has since fallen in love with it and bought it from us. I'm glad it's gone to a good home, but I'm still in mourning a little. It was the only piece of furniture I've ever truly loved.

Ben found this toothbrush in a box of garbage.



I got our bedroom and the kids bedroom unpacked the first day, but then I paid for it when I had to spend the whole evening in bed having contractions. I've been taking the moving in pretty slow since then. Mostly I've just been having trouble because of my limited ability to lift things or get under things or bend over, or really just stand up at all. But Devan and I are going to work hard tomorrow to get the last annoying things about the apartment taken care of. We'll see. You may get to see pictures soon, but realistically, probably not.

1 comment:

Heather Thorup said...

You are amazing girl! 2 kiddos, pregnant and moving so far away. You take it easy! Aren't you due soon? Hope the move goes better for you! How is it there, how's your ward?