Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hannah did the Puyallup!

Friday before last the kids and I were going to go with my aunts to the opening day of the fair. I was so excited, but then the night before I started having pretty regular contractions (3 minutes apart for 2 hours.) They didn't go anywhere, but it was a hard, hard night and Devan didn't get home until 9:30 that night. When he got home I was in tears and the kids were both still up. He got them to bed and then recommended that I try to find someone to watch the kids for me the next day.

So, Renee and Mickey were so nice to still take Hannah to the fair and Ben got to go play at Grandpa's house all day. And from the hours of 10 in the morning to 5 at night, I stayed in bed. I was so lazy. I watched TV and played games on my phone all day long. I felt so guilty because what mom ever gets to take the whole day off, but it was so good for me. Since that day, I've hardly had any painful contractions at all. I think my body was just really begging for a rest. However, after collapsing into bed every night for a month exhausted from the labor pains, I would mind a little more activity in that department now that I'm actually full-term. But nothing. I'm pretty sure he's staying in there as long as he can.

Hannah had such a fun time at the fair and I think Renee and Mickey did too. I wish I could have taken her, but they gave me some great pictures of her and that's almost as good.









1 comment:

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

Nathan went to the fair with my dad and Ryan. I was so bummed I couldn't go with him. It was tough being close enough to hear it and see it and I just couldn't make myself go. Next year though!