Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Our Thanksgiving Journey

This was the year we were supposed to stay in Utah for Thanksgiving, but the week before I got homesick so we decided to make the trip. The night we were supposed to leave a "blizzard" blew into Utah. We really only got a couple of inches of snow, but it was so cold and windy that it made driving dangerous. When we woke up the next morning, I-84 was closed at the Idaho border. We were so afraid we weren't going to be able to go, but we prayed about it and decided to get ready to leave and by the time we left, the border was open.



We stopped after a couple hours to clean all the dirt off our windshield and the washer fluid was frozen solid.


Utah's roads weren't bad, but as soon as we got into the Idaho the going got much slower.


When I first saw this, I thought it was a train, but it was a mile of stopped trucks.


The kids did really well. Hannah chattered away for the first few hours and then she said, "I'm going to take a nap" and that was the end of her.


We left Utah at about 9:30 in the morning and arrived in Washington at 3:30 the next morning. I was happy because my only goal for that trip was for it to take less than 24 hours.

No comments: