Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Third Day of Christmas

This was a hard day for me. There was no good reason for my frustration. Devan worked 13 hours that day, and I did lots of errands that day and by the time I got home I was frazzled and thinking, "How could I ever handle anymore kids then I have now?!" That thought made me sad. I wanted to collapse on the couch as soon as I walked in the door, but I remembered we wanted to do something Christmassy so we painted ornaments.

I was still stressed at first, but as I sat and talked to my sweet girl, I prayed for patience and peace and for the Spirit to comfort us. All my anxiety melted away and I felt overwhelmingly grateful for these beautiful babies.





I left the room for a minute and came back to this... I laughed and laughed!


She left a ring in the bathtub reminiscent of the Cat's in The Cat and the Comes Back.


Then I got fresh water and threw Ben in. He does not like to take baths.


Even when you get him to smile, he's still all tense. It's strange.


Then we put on our pajamas and cuddled on the couch watching "Mickey's Christmas Carol."


And both kids were asleep by 8:30. It was a tender mercy.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Hey is that a wocket? Maddie just got one for her birthday!