Thursday, November 17, 2011

Halloween

We had a low key Halloween this year. I was really sad about it because I love doing Halloween things with my kids, but I've decided that this year we had a lot going on and it's okay. There's always next year. We were going to go to some Halloween activities on Saturday, but I was feeling sick and tired so we stayed home. The on Monday, which was actual Halloween, I had a crazy day. I was trying to print out the invitations to Joshua's blessing, but they kept messing them up at the printers. We had to go to Walmart 3 times that day. And Hannah and Ben had woken up at 4:00 in the morning and Hannah doesn't take naps, so we were all pretty tired by the time we went trick or treating. Then Devan got off work late so we had to get ready all by ourselves, but we made it out the house somehow. Mom, Dad, Renee and Mickey all met us at the mall and we did our trick or treating inside.


Devan came straight from work, but I think it looks like a costume. Probably the only time he'll dress up for Halloween. Hannah is Dorothy from Wizard of Oz, Ben is a shark, and Joshua is a monkey. I'd wanted to make everyone Wizard of Oz themed costumes, but I didn't find the time or energy, and once again, I'm telling myself I'm okay with that.


Hannah was easily distracted.



Ben didn't want to hold his own bucket. Smart kid.


Renee brought her new dog, itty-bitty. We love all that little doggy so much. Ben kept wanting Renee to be the one to hold him because then he could pet the dog. When someone else held him, he'd try to unzip their coats to see if they were hiding a little dog too.


Ben didn't like to hold out his bucket to people. He wanted to hold each piece in his hand and look at it before he'd put it away.


We had fun, but we were ready to go home by the end.

I almost forgot. These were my attempts at getting a nice picture of everyone in their costumes before we left home. All it did was stress us all out.

I really like little Joshua in this picture though. He looks so tiny. I wish I hadn't taken it on my phone so it was better quality.


No comments: