Sunday, November 13, 2011

Hannah and Benjamin meet Joshua

The night before baby Joshua was born, the older kids spent the night at my dad's house. The next morning my mom picked them up and took Hannah to preschool. After preschool they came home to meet their new baby brother.


We had to keep Ben away from him at first because he hit Joshua when he first saw him. He wasn't being mean, it was just like he wanted to touch him and did it too hard.



Uncle Kory meeting Joshua

Hannah is very good and holding her baby brothers.



After they'd met the baby, we all went out and ate some of Joshua's birthday cake. Devan bought an ice cream cake on October 1st and we saved it for 20 days waiting for Joshua. He got it because I've always wanted an ice cream cake for my birthday, but whenever my birthday comes around, I don't want him to spend the money on it. It was delicious. Everyone who came to visit the baby for the next two weeks got a piece of cake.


And...here are just a few (or a lot) more pictures from his first day. Just because I think he's so cute!








And, if you're interested, here's the video of Hannah and Ben meeting Joshua for the first time. Ignore me in it. I'd just gotten out of the shower so my hair is wet and I don't have any makeup on. And, um, I'd had a baby like 8 hours before...


1 comment:

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

I love your little family and I'm so glad we're close now. I can't believe you're not wearing make-up like 8 whole hours after giving birth! Also, I got no cake. Just saying.