Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

What a wonderful day we've had. Devan described it as "hectic" but then I asked, "What day isn't hectic for us?" and he had to agree. We first went to my Uncle Randy's house to spend Thanksgiving with the Smith side of the family. It was a lovely, delicious dinner and we all had a wonderful time. Then later in the afternoon we went over to my mom's house and had a second Thanksgiving dinner with her side of the family. And of course, I had to eat a full dinner at both houses. It was all too wonderful to pass up.

I'm probably vain, but my favorite part of the day was how cute my kids were! I stayed up way too late for 3 nights making them turkey shirts to wear today. I love the way they turned out. I felt irresponsible staying up too late and not getting the sleep I need, but I was so tired of feeling like I was just doing the bare minimum in my life. It felt nice to do something a little extra for the holiday. And getting to sit and sew and watch TV all by myself for 3 nights was a luxury I haven't experienced much lately. I know that someday I'll get the hang of having 3 small children, but that day is not today. That day may not be until one of them is in school.


They look so awkward in this picture, but so cute!


I think he's crying because he thinks we're going to eat him. Not this year, buddy!




Great Grandma with baby Joshua


Ben's favorite part was the dip.


My cousin Holly, who will be having her own baby boy in 3 weeks!


Hannah's Thanksgiving dinner.


Ben's Thanksgiving dinner


Hannah and Aunt Dena.


My little turkey.

No comments: