Friday, November 4, 2011

More Joshua

He is now 2 weeks and 1 day old. I love him. I love the closeness a mother has with her newborn, the complete dependence on each other. I've left a couple of times to run to the store in the evenings, but other than that, we're inseparable.

Kat came and visited us the day after he was born to make sure everyone was doing well. We were!
He'd lost a half a pound and was down to 8 pounds 10 ounces, but by his 6 day appointment he'd passed his birth weight and was at 9 pounds 5 ounces.




Hannah and Benjamin spent Thursday, the day he was born with Grandma, and Friday with Grandpa. They came home both days to visit.





On our 26th try we got everyone kind of looking in the right direction.


But I like this one too...




We've had a good 2 weeks. Devan went back to work when he was 4 days old, but I've had so much help. I needed it. I think that this has been my hardest recovery yet. Maybe it's because he was a little bigger, but I think that it's just because my body was tired from the marathon pregnancies. It frustrates me when I can't do everything I want to do, but little by little I'm getting stronger.

I love this baby so much. He's had a harder time sleeping at night than Ben did. Once a night he has a period where he wants to nurse for at least 2 hours straight. But I'm happy to do it if it means we're more successful at breastfeeding than we were with Ben.

He has a big cry too. I've never heard that much loud of noise come out of a 2 week old baby, but it's probably because he's a giant. He's such a dear. I love babies so much. Sometimes I wish that they could stay little like this forever, but then I look at Hannah and Ben and know I would never want to miss out on all the fun they are. So, I try to savor it while I can.

1 comment:

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

I love how Ben is just kind of poking at him in all the pictures. He didn't seem to care too much about him the other day though.